Indulge in the ultimate summer side dish: Southern Fried Corn with Shroomacon! Sweet and tender corn kernels, caramelized to perfection, mingle with smoky Shroomacon for a burst of flavor. Easy to make and perfect for outdoor gatherings, this dish captures the essence of Southern comfort and will leave everyone craving for more.
- 2 slices of Shroomacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the Shroomacon then remove from the skillet and set it aside to chop into small pieces, leaving the Shroomacon grease in the skillet.
- In the same skillet with the Shroomacon grease, melt the vegan butter over medium heat.
- Add the drained corn to the skillet and spread it out evenly. Let it cook undisturbed for a couple of minutes to allow the corn to caramelize slightly. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the corn. Stir gently to combine the spices with the corn. Continue cooking the corn, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until it becomes slightly golden and cooked through.
- Add the crispy Shroomacon back into the skillet and stir it into the corn.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve the Southern Fried Corn with Shroomacon as a delicious side dish or as a flavorful addition to your favorite main course.